The leaves and the first snow have fallen in Chicago. My golf calendar looks as desolate as the landscape for the remainder of this year. It’s a good time to revisit the wonderful courses I was privileged to play in 2014. Those memories will be enough to take me through the winter.
With an extra project on my work plate in the spring, I did not get out for as much golf adventuring as I would have liked. However, there were several highlights:
- I joined the Kingsley Club and got 15+ rounds in at my new home course.
- I checked off two more Coore & Crenshaw gems – Streamsong Red and We Ko Pa Saguaro.
- My buddies and I made our second trip to Long Island and hit Bethpage Black, The Bridge, NGLA, and Friar’s Head.
- After many invites, I finally got out to Tom Doak’s Lost Dunes and also popped over to Mike Keiser’s Dunes Club – both special places.
- In addition to Bethpage, I checked two more U.S. Open venues off my list – Skokie CC and Erin Hills.
- I spent plenty of time at my other “home” courses – Bryn Mawr CC, Arcadia Bluffs, and Canal Shores.
Without further ado, here are the photos.
In addition to this embarrassment of riches, I ended the year with numerous invites and plans left on the table – Seminole, Old Elm, Glen View, Crystal Downs, Olympia Fields, The Course at Yale, Sleepy Hollow, Riviera, Whisper Rock, Stonebridge, Strawberry Farm, Oakmont, Merion, Oakland Hills, to name a few.
Looks like 2015 is going to be a great year…
MORE GEEKED ON GOLF MUSINGS:
- Musings on Greatness
- The Year the GoG Tour Ended
- 2016 GeekedOnGolf Tour
- 2015 GeekedOnGolf Tour
- Wilson & Me
- New Year’s Shift
- My Bucket List – U.S. Open Venues
- Want to Improve Pace of Play?
- Short Game Game Plan
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Things
- Making It Right is Alright with Me
- 2013 GeekedOnGolf Tour
- End of Season Wrap-up
- From Putt Putt to Punchbowl
- A Slip of the Mind
- Coming Full Circle
Copyright 2014 – Jason Way, GeekedOnGolf